I do want to remember just a few of the many things for which I am grateful tonight:
- my husband and my children-by-marriage, for my sister, niece, nephew and brother-in-law in South Carolina, for my brother and sister-in-law in Thailand, for my dear friends and other family members.
- my church where, although it's been so tough lately, I have nevertheless been privileged to serve, where I have loved the people and the work of ministry, where I have had wonderful opportunities to do some creative programming, where the beauty of the building's sanctuary has nurtured me...and so much more.
- technology and how it has allowed me to connect with some amazingly wise people via blogging.
- the promise of First Congregational, UCC, to be a healthy place where God is worshiped and people are served, where confiict is handled creatively, where I can continue to grow spiritually.
- prayer that connects us to God and to each other.
- wise spiritual directors and counselors who work through love, and who help me see what is authentic about myself.
- for D taking my hand as we prayed tonight at the Thanksgiving service.
- for Hobbes, our cat ~ D adopted him as a kitten and loves him a lot.
- so many other things, to numerous to mention here...