Dual Standing

It's official: I now have dual standing in the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

I spent yesterday morning being "examined" by the Church & Ministry Committee. They "approved" me after asking me questions mostly about UCC polity, some of which I really flubbed, but the committee passed me anyway! Thank goodness!

I spent the afternoon at church as well, participating in our church's Planning Retreat which lasted from 1:00 until about 5:00.

Then I was off to friend Life Giving One's house to pick up little Julia for an overnight at our house--a sleep-over which included my granddaughter M as well. J is 3 and M is 2. For the most part, they managed to have a great time together. I think it helped to have them both here at the same time. For one thing, little M fell asleep without a fuss, having J in the bed next to hers. Whew!
They are such delights to have around!

Comments

Unknown said…
So glad it went well!
Jan said…
Congratulations! Great picture--no wonder you had fun!
Terri said…
yay!! little one's are so sweet..
Anonymous said…
We now have to call her Rev. Rev. Dr. G. I'll let her share my Baptist ordination and then we can hit the trifecta.

D (now known as "Farmer D")
Anonymous said…
Another congratulations to you! Grace and peace to you.

Popular posts from this blog

"The Bible does not close discussions; it seeks to open them"

Returning?

Mother's Day...and Children Everywhere, It Seems!