what an interesting guy
I've been thinking recently about what an interesting man I married. Here's why. Recently David....
- Performed in a huge musical review. He sang four solos and did the soliloquy from Mutiny on the Bounty. He stole the show. I mean it -- and it was a great show.
- Read Resurrecting Empire: Western Footprints and America's Perilous Path in the Middle East by Rashid Khalidi
- Built a deck for our backyard. He'd never done anything like this before. Taught himself.
- Read Dirt: The Erosion of Civilizations by paleoarcheologist David R. Montgomery.
- Built a raised garden in our backyard. The tomatoes, onions, and heirloom beans are doing great--soon we'll have "farm fresh" produce to eat!
- Read After the Ice: A Global Human History 20,000-5000 BC by Steven Mithen.
- Brought me flowers almost every week.
- Read The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan.
- Diagnosed the problem with my computer. Turns out it was fatal, so we bought a new one. He had it all set up for me in no time. Wow.
- Is running for the national presidency of his professional organization. Right now it's looking like he'll run unopposed.
- Read The Crucified God by Jurgen Moltmann.
- Repaired the fence in our backyard.
- Was accepted at the Engagement Academy for University Leadership. That'll be a week in June.
- Stopped by my church tonight and brought me dinner, then he stayed and helped me set up for our Lenten Activity tomorrow.
- Right now he's reading Coldest Winter: America and the Korean War by David Halberstam.
All that, and the guy still won't fold his own clothes! Sheesh!
Tonight I came home from work and it had been a very long day. In the last couple of days six people have been let go from my workplace. Well, my guy had cleaned our apartment, and left it so tidy for me when I got home. He knows this makes me happy. He's off at class now, but he promised to dance in the kitchen with me when he gets home.