HeartPaths


HeartPaths is an organization that trains spiritual directors in the North Texas area. A friend of mine on the staff asked me to become part of the faculty, just to co-lead one of the 1st year groups and to see a few people for spiritual direction (all students must be in direction). All of this will take place on three Friday mornings each month. Plus I'm asked to attend a seminar on one Saturday a month. After I pay for gas--it's a 45 minute drive--I'll make a few dollars. But I'm not complaining about that. Being part of this organization not only allows me to see my friend on a regular basis (I've missed her since our seminary days together) but also to benefit from learning the HeartPaths method of spiritual formation and direction. The curriculum is impressive. And the way they conduct these groups is very similar to the Courage to Lead model in the sense that cross-talk is restricted--very helpful in listening for the Spirit's movement. I went to the first Saturday seminar this weekend. It was mostly an orientation, although we did experience one group, and they were supposed to have read Soul Feast by Marjorie Thompson.

I wouldn't be able to be part of HeartPaths if I weren't part-time at my church; I'm so grateful for that. It's really opened up such a rich variety of experiences for me.

As Beautiful Genuine Musician likes to say: It's all good.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Cool! Sounds like a wonderful new venture!
What an amazing opportunity. I look forward to hearing more about it.
Terri said…
yeah....sounds fabulous!
Rev SS said…
It's all good indeed. I look forward to hearing more too.

Popular posts from this blog

"The Bible does not close discussions; it seeks to open them"

Returning?

Mother's Day...and Children Everywhere, It Seems!