Saturday, May 25, 2013

Things to do

Now that two HUGE extra responsibilities are almost at an end, my thoughts turn to the freedom that will be soon be mine.  What to do? What to do?  Oh, the possibilities . . . .

Paint the guest bedroom.  I've redone that room in a light yellow with black outline theme.  It's a very small room, but I think a nice yellow accent wall might be nice.  Worth trying.

Host a salon . . . Wouldn't it be fun to invite people over just to sing and act and recite poetry...to be a little creative?  Hmmm, I wonder how that might look, I mean, how we could structure it.  Dinner, then singing or whatever?  Maybe just an afternoon of hor d'oeuvres, punctuated by various creative activities.

I'd like to put some moulding around the doors entering the living room.  Plus some wainscoting on one wall in particular.  Saw a beautiful photo on houzz.com of three large panels on one wall, each one filled with beautiful wall paper.  Wow; that could be stunning.  Maybe each one as wide as two rolls of wallpaper; that would make it easy.

Write some essays.

Vacation.  We head for Durango in August -- can't wait for that!!

And a quick trip to New York City in June, just David and I.

Maybe another The Artist's Way group study.  That was a wonderful experience.

Get my study organized -- it's a disaster.  Too much "stuff."

1 comment:

Jan said...

Like you, I seem to be drawing away from my blog. But you are much busier than I am. Glad you are looking at more time ahead. Trips sound wonderful. AND I am with you about too much stuff! (That seems to be my stumbling block.)