Sunday, July 22, 2012

Falling down, story of my life...

I fell at church this morning.  GAWD.  It was about 8:15, so a little before the place was packed, but there were plenty of people in the narthex when it happened.  I'm walking along in my 1.5 in heals, not high, right? and next thing I know my upper body is thrust forward and down, at something like a 40 degree angle to the ground, such that my legs couldn't keep up, and I take these gigantic steps forward trying to regain something like a normal 90 degree angle to the ground, but no....my legs keep trying, but I keep going down, down, down...30 degrees, 20 degrees, I must have covered 10 yards, and then KABOOM!!, I hit the ground, splayed out almost spread eagle, papers flying everywhere . . .

Dear God in Heaven, save me from myself!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Some of the worst heels I wear are 1.5 inches or less, but the really narrow kind of heel, which leave me feeling as though I am balancing on a pin-head. I slip in those all the time. It's embarrasing...Usually though I just say to mysefl that such experiences keep me humble.Can't be too full of my important busy paper carrying self when I have a tendency to fall, right? sigh

I'm sorry this happened. It is embarassing.

jo(e) said...

I'm glad you're okay and can tell it as a funny story ....

Jan said...

So glad you're okay!