Sunday, April 15, 2012

Life as Swirl

Had a good time this Sunday morning with Holy Hilarity Sunday.  I didn't even know there was such a thing until I came upon it in TextWeek.  Jokes and funnies.  Our music director added some great little musical "doo-dads" on the piano at the end of some of the cornball jokes.

I ended by talking about the difference it can make in our world when we understand that God delights in us.  Really, truly delights in us, and has given us the gift of laughter.

I'm unbelievably tired this afternoon, though.  Last night the power went out so I got two hotel rooms for me and K.  [David was out of town.]  Worked on the service until 1 a.m. and was up at 5:00 to finish it.  Feel like I've been run over.

I don't know.  Life just feels strange right now.  We were ground zero for one of the tornadoes that came through a couple of weeks ago.  The tops of the trees in the neighborhood were sheered;  even this morning I looked at the houses surrounding ours and thought, "Wait a minute. That's not right."
 :-)

Fortunately, our home was untouched except for part of the fence and a tree in the front yard.
So grateful that no one was killed here in our area, but am praying for the families who lost loved ones just this morning from more tornadoes in the Okla and other states...

I have a new job which I'll begin May 14th.   Leaving my current job will be hard.

Life just keeps getting more and more mysterious.  Right now it feels like it's all swirling around me, like my thinking is sideways somehow.  (Really sounds like I'm losing it, doesn't it?  Pfffft!  :-)   Oh well.  Maybe I should stop writing for now!! ha!

2 comments:

Jan said...

So glad you wrote, Katherine. I walked with a good friend tonight, and she is getting ready to go to her last week of the Two Year Spiritual Formation Academy. That made me think of you; you are the only one from that Academy that I am still connected with, even obliquely.

In the swirling mystery, hold on to what is most dear, the Beloved.

I am glad we are friends.

Terri said...

Indeed, life is swirly when in transition as you are...blessings for this time.