Monday, April 30, 2012

Gammu globulin

Saw my doctor today, a pulmonologist.  He tells me that the blood test revealed that I have IgG deficiency, so he's referring me to an immunologist who will probably have me do gammu globulin infusions.  He says, "Katherine, you're going to feel a lot better."

Then he tells me that the two sleep studies I've done reveal that I have a mild case of sleep apnea.  I stop breathing about 10 times each hour.  I'll get one of those machines with a mask that pushes oxygen into me.  "Katherine, you're going to feel a lot better."

That would be nice.  We'll see.


2 comments:

Terri said...

Wow. I think I had to have a gammu globuln shot after each of my children were born due to Rh incompatability. They, like their father are B+ and I am O-. Never knew it was used for other, actually very many other, conditions. I do hope it really helps you!

Jan said...

It all sounds so easy--hope it is!

Chuck has one of those sleep apnea machines, and it has helped him a lot. Others I know who have one say they feel much better.