Friday, July 16, 2010

What's happening

The 2-week intensive class is finished.  Whew!  This was definitely the best class I've taught--everything about it for me felt authentic.  I'm still a neophyte professor and can see where I need to improve on some technicalities in teaching, but the main thing is that I felt the class learned some important things and that the students were really engaged.  I'm grateful for that!  I told them today as the class ended that I felt hopeful for the future of the church, knowing that they were going to be part of that.  They really did seem committed and thoughtful, and that was so good to see....Anyway, I'm breathing easier tonight -- no more getting up at 4:30 a.m.!  woo-hoo!  Tomorrow I am sleeping in!

David and I went out to dinner tonight--he's good at helping me celebrate things!

Tomorrow I start grading papers and that's going to take a very l-o-n-g time.  Still, I'm looking forward to returning to church on Sunday; eager to get busy there again.

Things are happening on the homefront, too. We're getting a new roof, and we're refinancing for 4.25%, down from 6.75%, so we're pretty excited about that.

David's riding again tomorrow morning -- just a 40 mile ride, which is easy for him.  College girl is coming for a visit--she wants to ride bicycles with her dad later in the day.
And week-after-next is vacation!  Yippee!


.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lots of reasons to celebrate! i love the feeling when the biggest part of teaching a class is done. Hope you have a great weekend!

Mompriest said...

There was a time when I was training to ride across the state of Wisconsin, from Kenosha to La Crosse....and was riding 50 miles a day...ohhh, that was a long time ago...still nice thing to do.

It's awesome that your class went well! And that your vacation is coming soon...

Jan said...

So glad you posted--celebrate and have a wonderful weekend!