Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bike Racing Today

David's riding in a bike race this morning. He got up at 5:30 to get to Italy, Texas in time for the pancake breakfast. His text at 7:15 said he had pancakes with a 69-year-old man who rides this race every year. Encouraging!

I'm a tad worried, but I know he should be fine. He rides over 70 miles on other blistering hot days without a problem, so this 67-mile race shouldn't be hard.

He'll come home tired, but feeling good about himself, I'm sure. And who wouldn't be proud of an accomplishment like that? I think it's amazing.

Tomorrow's Father's Day, of course. I know the girls will be here; not sure about Young Man with Integrity -- he and his family are just now driving back from a two-week vacation to Montana, so they might not be up for it. Hope so, though. It would be great if all of us together could celebrate David!

No comments: