Prayer of Gratitude

Good day spent in God's presence. I got into my "let's get it done" mode in the afternoon, but this morning I spent a lovely 90 minutes with my friend The Author. I always feel God's presence when I'm with her. Our conversations are deep and important and oh so nurturing.

This afternoon I decided to move our Evening Prayer service from the chapel to the main sanctuary, so that took the better part of two hours. But now that everything's moved, it'll be easier for me to set up and maintain. That was my "just get it done" mode, and I wasn't aware of God's presence, although when I started the service, it felt very centering to me.

My prayer tonight is simply one of gratitude. Thank you, God, for everything.

I'll be away from my computer for the next few days, leading a church retreat.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Aren't leisurely mornings and unrushed conversations fantastic?

Hope it's a wonderful retreat, Katherine!

Popular posts from this blog

"The Bible does not close discussions; it seeks to open them"

Returning?

Mother's Day...and Children Everywhere, It Seems!